Get to know your local RFCS
Confidential, free, independent & invaluable business support for #StrongRuralCommunities
The government-funded RFCS has operated nationwide for 35 years in 2021, providing free business support to primary producers. The RFCS now also supports rural and regional small business owners experiencing or at risk of financial hardship, or just navigating the challenges of operating after drought, bushfire or COVID19.
RFCS WSW is your local provider with counsellors working across Victoria’s western region.
Rural financial counsellors and small business financial counsellors are based in the regions they work in, and understand local conditions and communities.
RFCS WSW takes a holistic approach to financial counselling. A well-being in business program ensures anyone working with a financial counsellor is fully supported.
Call directly or refer a client, patient, friend or neighbour.
Small Business Resilience post Covid.
An excellent little article outlining small business resilience since restrictions have started to lift here in Australia, and also New Zealand.
I really love the point on shopping small, shopping local for last minute gift ideas. Supporting small business in your local area has a huge impact on local economies!
If you need any fresh ideas or cashflow advice for your small business, drop me a line.
#customisedaccountingmatters #smallbusiness #localbusiness #openforbusiness
“Cash is King” has never been more true!
Never has the phrase “cash is king” been more pertinent than when you are starting up your business, or recovering from an extended period of low demand (like right now!). An explosion of sales and the resulting influx of money can lead to temptations for splurging on something your business has needed for some time: new computers, a new display fridge – you get the drift. Managing your cash flow effectively is critical during these times, you must make sure you are able to pay your suppliers, and never forget that you have tax obligations, and superannuation to pay.
According to a study by the Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman, just under half of all small businesses indicate that their cash flow has suffered because of late payments from clients, and 92% believe that they would have generated more revenue in previous years if their cash flow was improved. Creditor management is critically important for all businesses.
Contact Customised Accounting Matters for a free cash flow analysis, and some ideas on how to improve it. Its never too late to get your cash flow under control.
#cashflow #bookkeeping #smallbusiness #payroll #superannuation #stp
New Free Service for Small Business Owners Needing Help
SunRCS offers a FREE financial counselling service to eligible small businesses in rural and regional North West Victoria, together with our Rural Financial Counselling Service.
If you are:
- Concerned about your small business finances; or
- You have a new small business; or
- Intending to start a new small business
Our Small Business Financial Counsellors can:
- Confidentially assess and prepare reports on your financial position, cash flow and viability
- Help you understand your financial and business position and options
- Help you to develop good record keeping practices
- Provide general advice on debt management
- Provide general advice on pricing and costing
- Help you with employer issues including employer obligations and superannuation
- Help you with taxation issues including planning to meet taxation obligations, lodgement of returns and online reporting
- Provide information on useful website links for your business
- Provide information on support services available for small businesses
- Help you to deal with lending institutions
- Provide you with information you should consider when you are a new small business or intending to start a new small business
Our Small Business Financial Counsellors can provide you with the tools to make informed financial and business decisions for your enterprise.
To make a no obligation enquiry about this free service, please contact us by phone:
1300 769 489 or Marty Sammon 0417 357 909
Alternatively you can visit our website for more information.