2020 Bendigo Invention and Innovation Festival
2020 Bendigo Invention and Innovation Program
To mark its 10th birthday, the theme for this year’s Bendigo Invention and Innovation Festival (2020BIIF) is Optimism through Innovation, celebrating Greater Bendigo’s role as Victoria’s premier regional city in innovation and manufacturing.
The free virtual festival will run over five weeks rather than the traditional one week, starting on Monday August 31.
Some of the festival highlights include:
- An Optimistic Future for Regional Victoria – offering futurist perspectives from economic and social forecasts
- Greater Bendigo’s New Gold Rush – the region could see its second gold boom with more jobs in mining, support and service industries
To register for 2020BIIF, please visit www.biif.com.au
Hon Anthony Albanese MP endorses the Bendigo Invention and Innovation Festival
Hon Anthony Albanese MP endorses Bendigo Invention and Innovation Festival
The Australian Labor Party Leader Hon Anthony Albanese MP this week endorsed the work of the Bendigo Invention and Innovation Festival and encouraged other areas of the country to replicate this region’s leadership in creativity and innovation.
Mr Albanese praised the innovation of the region and hoped it would lead to the creation of further jobs, creativity and innovation in a video address.
“The Bendigo Invention and Innovation Festival is a great idea. A great idea to celebrate the way in which our regional cities are leading the way when it comes to developing advanced manufacturing, when it comes to creativity, innovation, that is leading of course to job creation, it’s leading to economic activity,” Mr Albanese said.
“So, I certainly hope that this festival leads to more jobs, more innovation, more creativity, more economic activity in Bendigo, but other regions as well learn from the leadership that Bendigo is showing.”
To register for the festival, please visit www.biif.com.au
Global Markets Accelerator Program – applications open now
Funded by AusIndutry and supported by Startup Victoria, this program will help boost your growth and success on the global stage. This two-part program consists of an online ‘feasibility study’ for 8 weeks with an opportunity to gain access to the second stage, a 6-month accelerator including an international travel experience with one of our four partners: imec.start (Belgium), T-Hub (India), Innovation Factory (Indonesia) or Singtel Innov8 (Singapore).
To find out more about the program and the international markets we will help you work with, we invite you to join our webinars here. Please feel free to get in touch with me at email@example.com for further information or to meet with one of our staff members/partners.
Voices of Optimism
With the ongoing challenges of the pandemic, we’re reaching out to members of our community to ask them what makes them optimistic.
Kay Graves from Bendigo Community Health Services explains how she stays optimistic and what she does to look after her wellbeing.
If you’d like to contribute a video or watch our FREE virtual cafe series on optimism presented by Victor Perton from The Centre for Optimism, please visit https://www.bendigo.vic.gov.au/Services/Business/voices-of-optimism
"Parts of the day, I create moments where I use my senses and it gives me great joy." Optimism comes in many ways, big and small. It's a positive force in our community and part of the reason why this region is a great place to live, do business, study and enjoy.Watch the first of our free Virtual Café Series on Thursday August 6 and share your own video on optimism. Find out more at: https://www.bendigo.vic.gov.au/voicesofoptimism
Posted by City of Greater Bendigo on Wednesday, 29 July 2020
2020 Bendigo Invention and Innovation Festival
The 2020 Bendigo Invention and Innovation Festival turns 10!
To celebrate, we’ve got an amazing line up for our FREE virtual program which starts on Monday August 31. The theme is Optimism through Innovation.
Deputy Head of the Australian Space Agency Anthony Murfett, Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Managing Director Marnie Baker, Dr Peter Riddles from the CSIRO, and Dr Leah Heiss from the RMIT Wearables and Sensing Network are among the many great speakers headlining this festival.
The festival starts on Monday August 31 so register at www.biif.com.au
It’s hosted by the City of Greater Bendigo in partnership with the Bendigo Manufacturing Group, Goldfields Local Learning and Employment Network, The Centre for Optimism and Digital Innovations Future Victoria.
Job Vacancy – Employment Relations Advisor, Central Vic Region WFH.
Employsure has the below position currently vacant within the Central Victorian region. Follow the link to the Seek ad for more info and if you are interested or know someone who is feel free to reach out to me. I’m happy to provide advice and a recommendation about the company and any local feedback I can help with.
Employment Relations Advisor, VIC – WFH
This role will see you responding to inbound Employment relation queries via email and telephone from a huge range of Employsure clients. Your role will see you providing accurate and expert advice on disciplinary and performance management matters, dismissals, wage rates, discrimination, bullying and harassment, work health and safety queries and many more.
The role will give you exposure to a huge range of industries and ER issues, growing both your knowledge and experience. You will constantly be learning and developing with our fantastic ongoing training and various opportunities to grow your career within Employsure, with our overall people goal at Employsure being to make all employees Better.
- Provide exceptional workplace relations advice by phone and email
- Guide our SME clients to manage their ER matters from strategy to execution
- Communicate complex information or concepts to clients without using technical jargon
- Provide timely and practical advice to clients from all industry types
- Deliver industry defining service by partnering with clients as a trusted Adviser
The right person will have:
- Previous HR, ER or Employment Law experience, ideally within an advisory role
- Strong knowledge of the Modern Award system and National Employment Standards
- Experience managing employee matters such as disciplinary action, redundancies, and performance management
- Excellent communication skills are essential both verbal and written
- qualifications in law, industrial relations or human resources are preferred
What you get in return:
- Join an award-winning business
- Competitive salary as well as other Employsure benefits such as company bonus, company events and extra annual leave to name a few!
- Amazing career growth opportunities on offer including people management, field-based roles technical or training specialists as well as opportunities to transfer into other parts of the business
- Exposure to a wide range of industries and ER issues, along with fantastic training and the opportunity to up skill in WHS
Why join Employsure?
Our vision is to Build Better businesses starting with our own. Employsure is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive culture of opportunity. We encourage applications from people of culturally diverse backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTQI+, people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander origin, and people with disabilities.
The opportunities are endless, with personal and professional growth being one of our top priorities. In addition, we offer our employees remarkable benefits. If you are looking for a role that can match your ambitions, we want to hear from you.
With a global track record of over 30 years of success, this is your chance to join an industry leader who prides itself on expertise and innovation at an exciting time in the Australian and New Zealand market.
Congratulations Shan Kumar on winning the John Connell Gold Medal
We congratulate SCE’s Shan Kumar for recently being awarded the John Connell Gold Medal. The John Connell Gold Medal is the most prestigious structural engineering award in Australia. This national award from Engineers Australia is awarded to one structural engineer in Australia each year for their eminence and contribution to the structural engineering profession.
Shan is a worthy winner and we are very proud of him.
R&D Tax time!!!!!
Hi All, it is that time of the year again and incorporated companies (for profit) that are thinking about claiming the Research and Development Tax Incentive (R&DTI) entitlement at a fixed fee based on time and materials. Please contact Andrew Miles from Your R&D Tax 0431 162 212 or firstname.lastname@example.org
DO NOT GET PILLAGED BY TIER 1 and 2 franchise accounting firms who charge ridiculous success fees. Some Big 4 charge 20% to 30% of the ATO rebate cheque.
Our scope of work below is also complimented by www.rdgo.com.au/rdti an Australian R&D Tax Software program where the R&DTI financial year claim information and substantiation of documentation is stored.
Our scope of work associated with the FY 19/20 R&D Tax Registration work includes:
- Interview (technical and finance ppl), Identifying and describing eligible R&D activities against the R&D criteria, including the separation of core R&D activities and supporting R&D activities.
- Undertaking a gap analysis of the contemporaneous documentation that exists to support the R&D Tax Incentive registration and determining what additional substantiation documentation is to be prepared by claimant and YRDT.
- Interim Draft Structure & Registration for review and gap analysis.
- Preparation of an R&D Project Review Document for each R&D project identified.
- Finalising the eligible R&D expenditure calculation including the allocation of eligible R&D expenditure against the eligible R&D activities.
- Preparation of the tax payer’s application for registration of R&D Activities for approval and signature by the public officer.
- Lodging the R&D Application with AusIndustry with our tax registration number.
- Preparation of the ATO R&D Tax Incentive Schedule.
- Preparation of the acquittal letter and associated documents for your records.
- Post lodgement AusIndustry compliance activity.
For more information see: https://www.business.gov.au/assistance/research-and-development-tax-incentive
Nigh’ Nigh’ Baby Sleep School Goes Virtual
Is broken sleep affecting the way you speak and interact with your kids and spouse? Is it impacting on your work?
Nigh’ Nigh’ Baby Sleep School is giving virtual consultations where you get to speak with health professional Deb Herdman about your baby, toddler, or pre-schooler sleep issues. Deb has been successfully using music and play therapy, a new approach to sleep, that appeals to parents that want gentle ways to help their baby settle faster and sleep longer.
“Before COVID parents were not keen on video consults from the comfort of their home. Going virtual has so many advantages as I can observe baby behaviour, sleep space safety, and other potential problems that upset sleep patterns. Parents can stay at home, which is what we are all trying to do during the pandemic.
Another benefit is that the consults are able to be flexible so dads can be included in the consultation which was always difficult prior to COVID when dads were at work.
Changing sleep patterns and behaviours can be complex especially when you’ve tried many different solutions without success. Our service is designed to give you the support and resources that will enable your child to sleep anywhere and everywhere without crying, fuss, or anxiety.”
Lack of sleep impacts mental and physical health, including immunity to disease. There has never been a more important time to take care of yourself and your family.
Contact Deb Herdman for a sleep strategy chat.
How Endeavor can help you!
Despite the headlines in the news, we are seeing quite the opposite and have never been busier!
Most media coverage focuses on Sydney and Melbourne markets, however we believe there are hundreds (if not thousands) of different property markets across Australia; each with their own localised influences and stages within the market.
We continue to get loan approvals for our customers and not only that, refinancing has hit an all-time high. Interest rates are at record low prices so now is the time to look at refinancing your loan – last week we saved a customer $6,000 PER YEAR off their home loan! We also saved one of our larger commercial clients approx. $70,000 per year which is very substantial.
How much can we save you?
Give us a call and let us help you get to where you need to be. 03 5434 7690.